Apply for our Energy Assistance Program By:
May 31, 2022
What is our Energy Assistance Program?
Energy assistance is a program that helps people having difficulty paying the cost of heating their homes. Through an intake and assessment process, Energy Assistance staff determine how TEAM and its services can best help lower energy costs.
To keep households warm and safe during the winter months.
Winter heating assistance pays for a household’s primary heating source, such as: oil, natural gas, electricity, propane, kerosene, coal, wood, and wood pellets on behalf of the eligible household.
Residents of Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby, Milford, Orange, Oxford, Seymour, Shelton and Woodbridge.
**Please note: The amount of heat assistance may not be sufficient to cover a household’s entire winter heating costs. For households whose heat is included in their rent, one-time financial assistance may be available. Homeowners and renters may apply.
Check Eligibility Requirments
Important Dates to Remember
To apply, you must complete an application and provide all supporting documentation
**Please provide all that applies for all household members:**
- Social security/numbers and Dates of Birth (all household members)
- Documentation of four weeks of income within three months prior to application date for all household members aged 18 and over (click here income types)
- Gas bill (if you heat with gas) OR Oil/propane/kerosene vendor name (if you heat with a deliverable fuel)
- Electric bill (all households must provide electric bill)
- DSS State Cash Assistance award letter and SNAP/Food Stamp award notice
- Rent receipt or Section 8 letter and landlord contact info if you rent or mortgage statement if you own
Please bring documentation of gross income from all sources for the most recent four weeks (6 or 12 months if self-employed)
- Pay stubs from earnings (last 4 if paid weekly or 2 if paid bi-weekly)
- Social Security, SSDI and/or SSI (most recent award letter or direct deposit on bank statement)
- Pension current stub, statement or letter from company stating gross monthly amount. Note: We cannot use bank statement deposit to verify pension income.
- Unemployment (payment history printout from Dept. of Labor dated within 24 hours prior to appointment)
- website: ctdol.state.ct.us follow link for unemployment information
- Child support/Alimony (court document, direct deposit to bank statement or signed letter from absent parent stating amount and frequency of payments)
- Rental income from your rental units/properties (lease, rent receipt)
- Self-employment Income (notarized worksheet showing 6 or 12 months income and expenses)
- Worksheet must be completed using income and expenses from last 6 or 12 complete months and must be submitted with a copy of last filed tax return.
- Contributions by friends/relatives (signed and dated letter from friend/relative w/ their address & contact information, stating amount and frequency of financial assistance)
- DSS State Cash Assistance award letter and SNAP/Food Stamp award notice, if you have it
- Worker’s compensation (check stubs or attorney’s letter/statement)
*You may be required to provide additional documentation not listed above.
Completed application and documentation can be
EMAILED to firstname.lastname@example.org
MAILED /dropped off to Team Energy Dept. 30 Elizabeth St, Derby, CT 06418
Additional Available Programs
AVANGRID Can Help
Have questions? We’re here to help!