Volunteer Caregivers at TEAM is a program serving Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour, and Shelton residents. Volunteers provide services for individuals who are isolated, frail, disabled or elderly.
Volunteer Caregivers relies on community support and volunteers to provide basic free of charge services that enable residents who are elderly or disabled to remain independent.
What Services Are Provided?
- Friendly Visiting
- Telephone reassurance
- Help with shopping and errands
- Transportation and escort to medical appointments, and stores
- Yard work and minor repairs
- Snow shoveling, laying sand down on walkways and steps
- Mail / Correspondence assistance
Who Can Request Services?
- Individuals seeking help for themselves
- Families, friends or neighbors
- Home health or service agencies, hospitals, senior centers, or nursing homes
Although we do not charge for our services, we do accept donations from those we help. We also seek ongoing support through contributions from congregations, individuals, community groups and corporations.
You can help Volunteer Caregivers in one of three ways:
- You can become a volunteer and work directly with clients, providing transportation, companionship, telephone reassurance, or help with errands or filling out forms.
- You can support the work of Volunteer Caregivers by joining a committee and offering your expertise in, long-range planning, or planning special events.
- You can support Volunteer Caregivers financially, with cash and appreciated stock donations or bequests. Community support is vital, as it enables Caregivers to offer volunteer help at no charge to those community members who need it most.
- View our Volunteer Caregivers flyer to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
Call (203) 736-5420 ext. 4225 to apply for services or if interested in becoming a volunteer click here.