Basic Needs & Case Management Services
GOAL: Our goal is to help each individual and family that comes through our doors move towards economic stability and self-sufficiency.
Individuals or families seeking help at TEAM are provided a caring and responsive reception, comprehensive intake & application assistance, and ongoing communication to address individual or family needs, basic needs, and areas of economic or social need, as well as access to our new initiatives to remove healthcare disparities. In addition to direct services, TEAM coordinates access to the full array of eligible human services programs through an extensive network of support programs & services available throughout TEAM’s service region. All are welcome to contact TEAM for more information and to make an appointment.
Self Sufficiency Programs & Supports:
- Gaining Access to Independence Now (GAIN): This program promotes opportunities for securing employment. Individuals 18+ in our community looking to participate in an educational training program are encouraged to contact TEAM. We can help cover the cost of your training program, as well as tools you need to be successful such as transportation and materials/ supplies. We also will work with you one-on-one through your program to encourage your success.
- Basic Needs & Application Assistance: TEAM staff can help individuals apply for certain state support programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Medicaid.
- Home Heating Assistance: This program helps households stay safe and warm during the winter months. After application approval, this program will pay the client’s energy provider directly. Award amounts vary year to year.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA): Certified and IRS-trained tax professionals work with TEAM to offer free tax filing services to qualified individuals.
- Housing: As part of our self sufficiency programs and case management services, we can offer the following to address your housing needs: mediation and communication with landlords, and budgeting & planning. Our services are designed to assist clients in locating, obtaining, and retaining suitable housing. We encourage anyone in need to contact TEAM for more information and to make an appointment for a full assessment of their situation.
- Additional resource: The Workplace’s Mortgage Crisis Job Training Program
For More Information & Application Assistance:
Contact TEAM 203-736-5420 or firstname.lastname@example.org