Toys 4 Kids,the holiday toy drive program has been helping families for more than 30 years. Toys 4 Kids collects new, unwrapped toys during November and December each year and distributes those toys to income eligible families in the community. The success of the program relies on volunteer support and community involvement. Each year with the help of the community, TEAM supplies toys to over 1,500 children; this could not be done without the help of the volunteers, collection sites and the contributions received from generous community members.
Toys are dropped off at designated TEAM Toys 4 Kids Drop Collection Sites throughout the community. Boxes are made available at these locations from mid-November until approximately one week before Christmas. The toys are transported to a Toy Workshop where volunteers sort and classify toys by value and age. The Toys 4 Kids program differs from other holiday toy drives because parents are not simply handed a random toy; parents are able to shop for their children, making selections based on their child’s interests. Families are provided with “Toy Bucks” to shop for toys for each child.
- Resident of Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby, Orange, Oxford, Seymour, Shelton, and Woodbridge
- Children 12 years old and younger
- Income does not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Proof of residency (ex. rent receipt, utility bills)
- Current proof of income or grey State card
- Birth certificate for each child
Where to Register:
Hours: 9am –4pm, Monday-Friday
When to Register:
November 13, 2017 – December 15, 2017
How You Can Help?
- Become a toy collection site
- Donate a new unwrapped toy appropriate for infants through age 12
- Toys 4 Kids Gift Suggestions (pdf)
- Make a monetary donation to the TEAM Toys 4 Kids Campaign
- Donate your time to assist in the TEAM Toys 4 Kids Campaign.
- Volunteers needed from November 14th through December 21st, and for clean-up of the Toy Workshop from Jan 3rd, 4th and 5th.